Mathematics in Everyday Life

It is sometimes difficult for students to appreciate the importance of Mathematics. They often find the subject boring and hard to understand. With this project we will hopefully help our students realise that Mathematics is not just a subject on their time-table but a tool they use in their everyday life!

Monday, May 29, 2006

Percentages

Math is everywhere and yet, we may not recognize it because it doesn't look like the math we did in school. Math in the world around us sometimes seems invisible. But math is present in our world all the time--in the workplace, in our homes, and in life in general. When you buy a car, follow a recipe, or decorate your home, you're using math principles.

Percentages are used in our everyday life and
we may not even realize it !!
This presentation was prepared by the Class of Form 3A and by the Class 1Ga.


18 Comments:

Blogger M Louise said...

An excellent piece of work. So glad to find that it was done with the collaboration of a teacher from my country!

I shall be using your presentation to facilitate lessons on percentages since it entails all one can encounter in everyday life.

1:04 PM  
Blogger misssunny118 said...

thank you!
you saved my life! From getting a detention!

My homework looks amazing thanks to you!

i put credit by the wy.

:)

9:05 AM  
Blogger geetu said...

Thank u!!!
It saved my project and me. This presentation is very helpful for me.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Ayush Tripathi said...

thanx a lot partner.....it helped me a lot

4:07 AM  
Blogger peggy said...

Thank you sooooooooo much. It is an excellent piece of work. And absolutely usful.

4:25 PM  
Blogger sindhu.reddy said...

it was verygood.it helped me in project

12:03 AM  
Blogger kirti desai said...

Simple but effective good one!

5:01 PM  
Blogger bemoneyaware said...

Simple but effective. Good one!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Anoushka Arora said...

hey its actually gud
a simple work yet so nice !!!
great !!!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Anoushka Arora said...

great work done
A simple work yet so good !!!!
great job

7:44 AM  
Blogger Joshy. said...

Thanks. Helped me finish my homework.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Kelly said...

Thanks for the great examples! I am using them in my own power point, and of course, crediting you. :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger ItMustBeKali said...

This helped me so much! Now all my math homework is done!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Vincent Chiew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:31 AM  
Blogger sofashion.com said...

cool thanks for helping me with my homework!
and vistit my blog on fashion and trends at http://elenathoughtshighstreetfashion.blogspot.co.uk/
thank you bye!

10:45 AM  
Blogger utkarsh saraswat said...

oh thats awesome

8:11 PM  
Blogger utkarsh saraswat said...

oh thats awesome

8:11 PM  
Blogger utkarsh saraswat said...

oh thats awesome

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home